Re: compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time - Mailing list pgsql-general

From c k
Subject Re: compiling postgresql 9.2.4 on fedora 17 64 bit takes very long time
Date
List pgsql-general
I changed the hwclock and date/time of the system and synced hwclock with date/time. hwclock was showing a date around a year ago, which may be due to some incorrect selection during setup. I will compile again when I will get access to the server.
I will remember it and will check for other compilations too.

Thanks for the help.

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
c k <shreeseva.learning@gmail.com> writes:
> Yesterday we configured a new server with Fedora 17 64 bit and updated it's
> kernel to 3.8. I have to compile and install postgresql with python. So I
> executed commands

> ./configure --with-python
> make

> but make is running for last 16 hours and still not completed. It is
> showing same messages again and again like checking pthreads.h usability
> etc. I have downloaded latest source from postgresql website.

Wild guess, but: check your system clock, maybe it's set far in the
past.  There are places where the build will act strange if the source
file timestamps are newer than the system clock reading.

                        regards, tom lane