Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation
Date
Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation
List pgsql-hackers
> I would like to apply the attached patch to git_changelog for use in
> creating the major release notes.  I specifically added these flags:

>     --author-after  Show author after the commit
>     --master-only   Show commits made exclusively to the master branch
>     --reverse-order Show commits in reverse date order

Your implementation of --master-only seems really grotty.  Can't you
just add "origin/master" to the basic git log command?

As for --reverse-order, what's that got to do with preparing release
notes?  The end product shouldn't be particularly sensitive to the order
of commit of features ...