Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Patch to git_changelog for release note creation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > I would like to apply the attached patch to git_changelog for use in
> > creating the major release notes.  I specifically added these flags:
>
> >     --author-after  Show author after the commit
> >     --master-only   Show commits made exclusively to the master branch
> >     --reverse-order Show commits in reverse date order
>
> Your implementation of --master-only seems really grotty.  Can't you
> just add "origin/master" to the basic git log command?

I need commits that went exclusively to the master branch --- a commit
the goes to master and a subbranch should not appear because it was
already present in a minor release.

> As for --reverse-order, what's that got to do with preparing release
> notes?  The end product shouldn't be particularly sensitive to the order
> of commit of features ...

Many commits reference earlier commits so having them in oldest-first
order makes the aggregation of those commits easier.

http://enterprisedb.com