Re: BUG #7516: PL/Perl crash - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7516: PL/Perl crash
Date
List pgsql-bugs
I wrote:
> Another thing that seems a bit risky is that plperl_func_handler sets up
> current_call_data as a pointer to a mostly-zeroed struct and then does
> assorted things that could throw error.  That would leave a dangling
> value of current_call_data ...

Meh, scratch that --- I missed that the caller of plperl_func_handler is
where there's a PG_TRY block that's responsible for restoring the old
value of current_call_data.  It would still be interesting to nose
around and see what's in *current_call_data, as well as any of the
pointed-to data structures that exist.

            regards, tom lane