Re: BUG #7516: PL/Perl crash - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #7516: PL/Perl crash
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Marko Tiikkaja <pgmail@joh.to> writes:
> On 03/09/2012 18:06, Tom Lane wrote:
>> This might be the wrong theory.  You seem to have debug symbols for that
>> core dump --- can you tell which of the dereferences in line 3373
>> caused the crash?

> The current_call_data->prodesc->fn_readonly one.
> Please let me know if I can be of more assistance.

Hm, can you show us the contents of the *current_call_data struct?

Another thing that seems a bit risky is that plperl_func_handler sets up
current_call_data as a pointer to a mostly-zeroed struct and then does
assorted things that could throw error.  That would leave a dangling
value of current_call_data ...

            regards, tom lane