Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Multiple databases on seperate drives/file systems?
Date
List pgsql-general
"Scot L. Harris" <webid@cfl.rr.com> writes:
> Which indicates to me that the PGDATA2 environment variable that is
> defined in the postgres users .bash_profile is not being picked up by
> the postmaster process.

Depends which startup script you are using.  I know that up till
recently the Red Hat init script did

    su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "pg_ctl start ..."

and because it forced /bin/sh, anything you might have put in say
~postgres/.bash_profile wouldn't get read.  You can just take out
that -s switch though.

            regards, tom lane