Re: Determining the OID of a certain type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Determining the OID of a certain type
Date
List pgsql-general
Carsten Kropf <ckropf2@fh-hof.de> writes:
> basically I looked inside these functions in parse_type.c and did not find an "easy to use" application here. So I
consideredtrying to construct the required arguments passed to typenameType. However, during the development, I found
thefollowing function:
> Oid
> TypenameGetTypid(const char *typname)
> which does indeed do the lookup of my particular type in the cache and system catalog tables. Thanks a lot for the
hint!

Actually, parseTypeString() is what I was thinking of.  TypenameGetTypid
won't cope with schema-qualified names, nor a lot of other cases.

            regards, tom lane