Re: Determining the OID of a certain type - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Carsten Kropf
Subject Re: Determining the OID of a certain type
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot,
basically I looked inside these functions in parse_type.c and did not find an "easy to use" application here. So I considered trying to construct the required arguments passed to typenameType. However, during the development, I found the following function:
Oid
TypenameGetTypid(const char *typname)
which does indeed do the lookup of my particular type in the cache and system catalog tables. Thanks a lot for the hint!
Best regards
Carsten Kropf