Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment
Date
In response to Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment  (James William Pye <lists@jwp.name>)
Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment  (Bill Weinman <wew@bearnet.com>)
List pgsql-testers
James William Pye <lists@jwp.name> writes:
> I think it kept favoring python2 when I wanted python3 as both were in $PATH.

AFAICS, it'll pick whichever version is executed when you say "python".
Doesn't seem like an unreasonable behavior to me.

You may well need to adjust $PATH before running configure.  I wouldn't
recommend hacking --with-includes or --with-libraries at all, though;
we find out what directories to use by asking "python".

            regards, tom lane