Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From James William Pye
Subject Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment
Date
List pgsql-testers
On Sep 12, 2010, at 3:23 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hmmm.  Tom Lane says "pilot error" because there are two versions of
> Python in the path.  Specifically:

ugh, :(

Yeah, that's correct:

--with-python \
--with-includes=/usr/local/include/python3.1:/usr/local/include:/usr/local/ssl/include
--with-libraries=/usr/local/lib/python3.1:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib

I was drawing from some trickiness I experienced getting my plpy vs plpython test rig going.
I think it kept favoring python2 when I wanted python3 as both were in $PATH.

IIRC, what he needs to do is remove the python2 bin-directory from the PATH in order to get 3.x selected by configure.
Seemsless than user friendly...