Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment
Date
In response to Re: Configure/Build 9.0 rc1 - cannot build against python3.1, with two versions of python in the environment  (James William Pye <lists@jwp.name>)
List pgsql-testers
James,

> On Sep 11, 2010, at 4:11 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>> So, is this a bug?  Should we be fixing it before release?
>

> Yes to both.

Hmmm.  Tom Lane says "pilot error" because there are two versions of
Python in the path.  Specifically:

"In particular, how'd those 3.1 references get in there when the python
version in $PATH is 2.4? It's for damn sure we didn't introduce those."

If Tom is incorrect, please take up the thread on -BUGS.  I don't know
enough about python libs in builds to argue either way.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.