Re: Incremental Backups in postgres - Mailing list pgsql-general

From akp geek
Subject Re: Incremental Backups in postgres
Date
List pgsql-general
Got it almost. Thanks a lot. One final question, please bear with me.

1.  select pg_start_backup('label')  ==> 10 AM
2.  PGDATA folder backup ==> 10:05 AM
3. select pg_stop_backup => 10.10AM
4. The archiving will start writing files
5. If the disc crashes at 11AM,  what will happen to the data between
10:10AM and 11:00AM, since we issued a pg_stop_backup at 10:10AM

Appreciate your help

Regards