Re: Meson far from ready on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Meson far from ready on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've been hacking on addressing some of the complaints (after having been
off-work in a somewhat unplanned way for most of the last two weeks).  With
some already opened and soon-to-be-proposed PRs to Dave's winbuild and the
attached changes I think the concerns can largely be addressed.

Here's the current set of changes:

0001: meson: Add missing argument to gssapi.h check
  Largely independent, but included to avoid conflicts

0002: Don't define HAVE_[GSSAPI_]GSSAPI_EXT_H
  Largely independent, but included to avoid conflicts

0003: meson: Add support for detecting gss without pkg-config
0004: meson: Add support for detecting ossp-uuid without pkg-config
  Do what it says on the tin. Neither includes dependency information via
  pkg-config or cmake in their upstream repos.

0005: meson: Add dependency lookups via names used by cmake

  This adds support for the alternative names used by cmake lookups. That
  addresses

0006: meson: nls: Handle intl requiring iconv
  This afaict is only required when dealing with a static libc, so it might be
  considered independent

0007: windows-tab-complete-workaround
  Just included so the build doesn't fail for me with all the dependencies
  installed.

0008: krb-vs-openssl-workaround
  Just included so the build doesn't fail for me with all the dependencies
  installed. There's a separate thread to discuss the right fix.

0009: wip: meson: reduce linker noise for executables

  This is mainly a minor quality of life thing for me when hacking on this. If
  a static libintl is used, link.exe outputs a message for every binary, which
  makes it harder to see warnings.

0010: meson: wip: tcl
  This is just some preliminary hacking needs more work.

Note that cmake is automatically installed as part of visual studio these
days.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment