Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
Date
In response to Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Responses Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Mar-22, Amit Kapila wrote:

> I see that you have modified the patch to address the comments from
> Alvaro. Personally, I feel it would be better to add such a message at
> a centralized location instead of spreading these in different callers
> of slot acquire/release functionality to avoid getting these missed in
> the new callers in the future. However, if Alvaro and others think
> that the current style is better then we should go ahead and do it
> that way. I hope that we should be able to decide on this and get it
> into PG16. Anyone else would like to weigh in here?

I like Peter Smith's suggestion downthread.