Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Brar Piening
Subject Re: doc: add missing "id" attributes to extension packaging page
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 23.03.2023 at 10:35, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> As with the <simplelist> patch, we'll need to patch the CSS used in the
> website for the docs too, as that's the most important place where docs
> are visited.  See this commit for an example:
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=commitdiff;h=0b89ea0fff28d29ed177c82a274144453e3c7f82
>
> In order to test locally that your patched stylesheet works correctly,
> you'd have to compile the docs with "make html STYLE=website" in the doc
> subdir, and tweak one of the CSS files there (I think it's
> docs-complete.css) so that it references your local copy instead of
> fetching it from the website.

Thanks I'll take care of this tonight.

> I'm not clear on what exactly becomes visible when one hovers over what.
> Can you please share a screenshot?

I could, but since hover effects don't really come across in screenshots
I've posted a build of the docs including the patch to
https://pgdocs.piening.info

See https://pgdocs.piening.info/app-psql.html as an example.