Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
Date
In response to Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Responses Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  ("Euler Taveira" <euler@eulerto.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 3:37 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2023-Mar-22, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > I see that you have modified the patch to address the comments from
> > Alvaro. Personally, I feel it would be better to add such a message at
> > a centralized location instead of spreading these in different callers
> > of slot acquire/release functionality to avoid getting these missed in
> > the new callers in the future. However, if Alvaro and others think
> > that the current style is better then we should go ahead and do it
> > that way. I hope that we should be able to decide on this and get it
> > into PG16. Anyone else would like to weigh in here?
>
> I like Peter Smith's suggestion downthread.

+1. Please review the attached v8 patch further.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment