Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-09-28 16:07:13 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I agree that it'd be good if CI did some 32-bit testing so it could have
> caught (5) and (6), but that's being worked on.

I wasn't aware of anybody doing so, thus here's a patch for that.

I already added the necessary packages to the image. I didn't install llvm for
32bit because that'd have a) bloated the image unduly b) they can't currently
be installed in parallel afaics.

Attached is the patch adding it to CI. To avoid paying the task startup
overhead twice, it seemed a tad better to build and test 32bit as part of an
existing task. We could instead give each job fewer CPUs and run them
concurrently.

It might be worth changing one of the builds to use -Dwal_blocksize=4 and a
few other flags, to increase our coverage.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Attachment