Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
Date
Re: longfin and tamandua aren't too happy but I'm not sure why
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-09-29 17:31:35 -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> I already added the necessary packages to the image. I didn't install llvm for
> 32bit because that'd have a) bloated the image unduly b) they can't currently
> be installed in parallel afaics.

> Attached is the patch adding it to CI. To avoid paying the task startup
> overhead twice, it seemed a tad better to build and test 32bit as part of an
> existing task. We could instead give each job fewer CPUs and run them
> concurrently.

Ah, one thing I forgot to mention: The 32bit perl currently can't have a
packaged IO:Pty installed. We could install it via cpan, but it doesn't seem
worth the bother. Hence one skipped test in the 32bit build.

Example run:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/4632556472631296?logs=test_world_32#L249 (scroll to
the bottom)

Onder if we should vary some build options like ICU or the system collation?
Tom, wasn't there something recently that made you complain about not having
coverage around collations due to system settings?

Greetings,

Andres Freund