Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 02:39:44PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> The assertions in TupleDescInitEntry would have caught that,
> if only utils/misc/pg_controldata.c had more than zero test coverage.
> Seems like somebody ought to do something about that.

While passing by, I have noticed this thread.  We don't really care
about the contents returned by these functions, and one simple trick
to check their execution is SELECT FROM.  Like in the attached, for
example.
--
Michael

Attachment