Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2022 at 11:06:04PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> > But 24s after that email, it did reproduce the problem.
>
> Ain't that always the way.

Quite so.

> > Same symptoms as the
> > last buildfarm runs, including visfrac=0.  I'm attaching my script.  (It has
> > various references to my home directory, so it's not self-contained.)
>
> That's interesting, because I see you used installcheck-parallel,
> which I'd not been using on the grounds that wrasse isn't parallelizing
> these runs.  That puts a big hole in my working assumption that the
> problem is one of timing.

With "make installcheck-tests TESTS='test_setup create_index'" it remains
reproducible.  The attached script reproduced it in 103s and then in 703s.

> I'm now suspecting that the key issue is
> something about how wrasse is building the executables that I did
> not exactly reproduce.  I did not try to copy the build details
> involving stuff under your home directory (like the private openldap
> version), mainly because it didn't seem like openldap or uuid or
> perl could be involved at all.  But maybe somehow?

Can't rule it out entirely.  I think I've now put world-read on all the
directories referenced in the script, in the event you'd like to use them.

Attachment