Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> But 24s after that email, it did reproduce the problem.

Ain't that always the way.

> Same symptoms as the
> last buildfarm runs, including visfrac=0.  I'm attaching my script.  (It has
> various references to my home directory, so it's not self-contained.)

That's interesting, because I see you used installcheck-parallel,
which I'd not been using on the grounds that wrasse isn't parallelizing
these runs.  That puts a big hole in my working assumption that the
problem is one of timing.  I'm now suspecting that the key issue is
something about how wrasse is building the executables that I did
not exactly reproduce.  I did not try to copy the build details
involving stuff under your home directory (like the private openldap
version), mainly because it didn't seem like openldap or uuid or
perl could be involved at all.  But maybe somehow?