Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> One thing I'm eyeing now is that it looks like Noah is re-initdb'ing
> each time, whereas I'd just stopped and started the postmaster of
> an existing installation.  That does not seem like it could matter
> but ...

Well, damn.  I changed my script that way and it failed on the tenth
iteration (versus a couple hundred successful iterations the other
way).  So somehow this is related to time-since-initdb, not
time-since-postmaster-start.  Any ideas?

Anyway, I'm too tired to do more tonight, but now that I can reproduce it
I will stick some debugging logic in tomorrow.  I no longer think we
should clutter the git repo with any more short-term hacks.

            regards, tom lane

PS a bit later: I've not yet reproduced it a second time, so the
failure rate is unfortunately a lot less than one-in-ten.  Still,
this eliminates the idea that there's some secret sauce in Noah's
build details.