Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it
Date
Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
List pgsql-committers
Hi,

On 2021-12-08 12:53:29 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> It would have passed the test and failed the invocation as before. It
> turns out that the tar being used is from the (old) MsysGit
> installation. So I'm rearranging the path so it finds the system tar
> instead. That should take care of things. (testing first before I do
> anything else). On my initial test the system tar handled paths with
> drive specs just fine.

I just hit this issue. The tar included in a just-updated git-for-windows
fails with "tar: Cannot connect to c: resolve failed".

Git appears to install itself in front of c:\windows\system32 in PATH (which
contains the system tar). Which I think means that after edc2332550 this will
have to be manually addressed by most people running tests on windows
manually? That doesn't seem great :(

Greetings,

Andres Freund