Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: pgsql: Check that we have a working tar before trying to use it
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 12/8/21 12:05, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Actually, I think it makes more sense to simply revert this. bowerbird,
>> like all buildfarm animals, has a working tar.
> Right, it doesn't seem like tar is the biggest lift when setting up
> a buildfarm critter.
>
>> It's just that this one
>> is apparently seriously confused by using paths with a drive spec.
> Hm, so how would this test have handled that anyway?

It would have passed the test and failed the invocation as before. It
turns out that the tar being used is from the (old) MsysGit
installation. So I'm rearranging the path so it finds the system tar
instead. That should take care of things. (testing first before I do
anything else). On my initial test the system tar handled paths with
drive specs just fine.

cheers

andrew

--