Re: PostgreSQL blocked locks query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: PostgreSQL blocked locks query
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 01:54:32PM +0000, Manoj Kumar wrote:
> I have query in terms of lock monitoring in PostgreSQL where I am not able to find a way to figure out what value has
beenpassed in SQL statement (from JDBC driver as prepared statement).

> I am using PostgreSQL 13 version.
>
> The following is the SQL statement I am running in PGAdmin
>
> The output I am getting is below, where in the SQL query is with $1.
>
> [cid:image001.png@01D74810.4207C100]
>
> Is there a way to compute what is being passed as value for the above SQL statement ?

You should enable query logging, and pull the params out of the log.

Note that v13 has log_parameter_max_length, which defaults to showing params in
full.

[pryzbyj@telsasoft2019 ~]$ PGOPTIONS='-c log_min_duration_statement=0 -c client_min_messages=debug' python3 -c "import
pg;db=pg.DB('postgres'); q=db.query('SELECT \$1', 1)"

DEBUG:  loaded library "auto_explain"
DEBUG:  parse <unnamed>: SELECT $1
LOG:  duration: 0.230 ms  parse <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DEBUG:  bind <unnamed> to <unnamed>
LOG:  duration: 0.141 ms  bind <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DETAIL:  parameters: $1 = '1'
LOG:  duration: 0.029 ms  execute <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DETAIL:  parameters: $1 = '1'

--
Justin