RE: Re: PostgreSQL blocked locks query - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Manoj Kumar
Subject RE: Re: PostgreSQL blocked locks query
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi ,

Thank you for the reply. Is there a similar way to extract the same from a SQL command ?

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 13, 2021 10:09 PM
To: Manoj Kumar <manojkumar@temenos.com>
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: [EXT MSG] Re: PostgreSQL blocked locks query

EXTERNAL source. Be CAREFUL with links / attachments

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 01:54:32PM +0000, Manoj Kumar wrote:
> I have query in terms of lock monitoring in PostgreSQL where I am not able to find a way to figure out what value has
beenpassed in SQL statement (from JDBC driver as prepared statement).

> I am using PostgreSQL 13 version.
>
> The following is the SQL statement I am running in PGAdmin
>
> The output I am getting is below, where in the SQL query is with $1.
>
> [cid:image001.png@01D74810.4207C100]
>
> Is there a way to compute what is being passed as value for the above SQL statement ?

You should enable query logging, and pull the params out of the log.

Note that v13 has log_parameter_max_length, which defaults to showing params in full.

[pryzbyj@telsasoft2019 ~]$ PGOPTIONS='-c log_min_duration_statement=0 -c client_min_messages=debug' python3 -c "import
pg;db=pg.DB('postgres'); q=db.query('SELECT \$1', 1)"
DEBUG:  loaded library "auto_explain"
DEBUG:  parse <unnamed>: SELECT $1
LOG:  duration: 0.230 ms  parse <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DEBUG:  bind <unnamed> to <unnamed>
LOG:  duration: 0.141 ms  bind <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DETAIL:  parameters: $1 = '1'
LOG:  duration: 0.029 ms  execute <unnamed>: SELECT $1
DETAIL:  parameters: $1 = '1'

--
Justin

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
forthe addressee or addressees. Any use or disclosure of the contents of this e-mail/attachments by a not intended
recipientis unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Pleasenote that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
representthose of TEMENOS. We recommend that you check this e-mail and any attachments against viruses. TEMENOS accepts
noliability for any damage caused by any malicious code or virus transmitted by this e-mail.