Re: libpq debug log - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: libpq debug log
Date
Re: libpq debug log  (Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 2 Apr 2021 02:56:44 +0000, "iwata.aya@fujitsu.com" <iwata.aya@fujitsu.com> wrote in
> Hi Alvaro san
>
> Thank you for your fix of trace log code.

The redacted fields, F, L and R contained source file, souce line and
source function respectively. It is reasonable guess that the
difference comes from them but I'm not sure how they make a difference
of 50 bytes in length...

Anyway if the length is wrong, we should get an error after emitting
the log line.

>    if (logCursor - 1 != length)
>        fprintf(conn->Pfdebug,
>                "mismatched message length: consumed %d, expected %d\n",
>                logCursor - 1, length);

So, the cheapest measure for regression test would be just making the
length field, while regress is true...

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi