Re: Fix pg_checksums progress report - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fujii Masao
Subject Re: Fix pg_checksums progress report
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2021/04/02 14:23, Shinya11.Kato@nttdata.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found a problem with the pg_checksums.c.
>
> The total_size is calculated by scanning the directory.
> The current_size is calculated by scanning the files, but the current_size does not include the size of NewPages.
>
> This may cause pg_checksums progress report to not be 100%.
> I have attached a patch that fixes this.

Thanks for the report and patch!

I could reproduce this issue and confirmed that the patch fixes it.

Regarding the patch, I think that it's better to add the comment about
why current_size needs to be counted including new pages.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center