Re: strange error reporting - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: strange error reporting
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jan-20, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 1:54 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> writes:

> > > Well, the patch seems small enough, and I don't think it'll be in any
> > > way helpful to omit that detail.
> >
> > I'm +1 for applying and back-patching that.  I still think we might
> > want to just drop the phrase altogether in HEAD, but we wouldn't do
> > that in the back branches, and the message is surely misleading as-is.
>
> Sure, that makes sense.

OK, I pushed it.  Thanks,

pgbench has one occurrence of the old pattern in master, in line 6043.
However, since doConnect() returns NULL when it gets CONNECTION_BAD,
that seems dead code.  This patch kills it.

--
Álvaro Herrera                            39°49'30"S 73°17'W
"I can see support will not be a problem.  10 out of 10."    (Simon Wittber)

Attachment