Re: Same query taking less time in low configuration machine - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Same query taking less time in low configuration machine
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 09:13:45PM +0530, Vishwa Kalyankar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have two machines - one with 8GB RAM & 4core CPU and the other with 64GB
> Ram & 24 core CPU.  Both machines have the same DB (Postgres 12 + Postgis
> 2.5.3).  Same query is taking less time in low end machine whereas more
> time in high end machine.  Any thoughts on where to look?  I have tuned the

When  you say "the same DB" what do you mean ?
Is one a pg_dump and restore of the other ?
Or a physical copy like rsync/tar of the data dir ?

>   Please find the attachment for query explain & analyze and bonnie result
> of  both the machines.

Are the DB settings the ame or how do they differ ?

Maybe you could send explain(analyze,buffers,timing,settings) ?
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Slow_Query_Questions

--
Justin