Re: 12.2: Why do my Redo Logs disappear?? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter
Subject Re: 12.2: Why do my Redo Logs disappear??
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Jun 08, 2020 at 05:40:20PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
!
! I strongly suspect that you were hit by the bug fixed in commit
! 4e87c483. You should upgrade to Postgres 12.3 ASAP, to get that fix:
!
! "Avoid premature recycling of WAL segments during crash recovery
! (Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais)
!
! WAL segments that become ready to be archived during crash recovery
! were potentially recycled without being archived."

Ahh, thank You so much; this is good news: if it is an already known
bug, I can close all efforts, remove the debug-switches again, stuff
the sources back into their box and relax. ;)

I did a check if I would find something about lost archiving logs, but
didn't - and then it is always possible that it's just a mistake
of mine - as I know I do make mistakes.

And now for the nitpicking part :)