Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Noah Misch
Subject Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Date
Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files  (Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan.pg@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 02:20:09PM +0530, Amit Khandekar wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 10:19, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 8:29 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I see one failure in REL_10_STABLE [1] which seems to be due to this commit:
> >
> > I tried this test on my CentOs and Power8 machine more than 50 times, but couldn't reproduce it.  So, adding Noah
tosee if he can try this test [1] on his machine (tern) and get stack track or some other information?

> > [1] - make -C src/test/recovery/ check PROVE_TESTS=t/006_logical_decoding.pl
>
> I also tested multiple times using PG 10 branch; also tried to inject
> an error so that PG_CATCH related code also gets covered, but
> unfortunately didn't get the crash on my machine. I guess, we will
> have to somehow get the stacktrace.

I have buildfarm member tern running this test in a loop.  In the 290
iterations so far, it hasn't failed.  I've leave it running for another week
or so.

The buildfarm client can capture stack traces, but it currently doesn't do so
for TAP test suites (search the client code for get_stack_trace).  If someone
feels like writing a fix for that, it would be a nice improvement.  Perhaps,
rather than having the client code know all the locations where core files
might appear, failed runs should walk the test directory tree for core files?