Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Khandekar
Subject Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 at 10:19, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 8:29 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Pushed!
>>

>> I see one failure in REL_10_STABLE [1] which seems to be due to this commit:
>>

> I tried this test on my CentOs and Power8 machine more than 50 times, but couldn't reproduce it.  So, adding Noah to
seeif he can try this test [1] on his machine (tern) and get stack track or some other information?

> [1] - make -C src/test/recovery/ check PROVE_TESTS=t/006_logical_decoding.pl

I also tested multiple times using PG 10 branch; also tried to inject
an error so that PG_CATCH related code also gets covered, but
unfortunately didn't get the crash on my machine. I guess, we will
have to somehow get the stacktrace.

> --
> With Regards,
> Amit Kapila.