Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Amit Kapila
Subject Re: logical decoding : exceeded maxAllocatedDescs for .spill files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 5, 2020 at 12:21 AM Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 03, 2020 at 02:20:09PM +0530, Amit Khandekar wrote:
> > >
> > > I tried this test on my CentOs and Power8 machine more than 50 times, but couldn't reproduce it.  So, adding Noah
tosee if he can try this test [1] on his machine (tern) and get stack track or some other information?

> > > [1] - make -C src/test/recovery/ check PROVE_TESTS=t/006_logical_decoding.pl
> >
> > I also tested multiple times using PG 10 branch; also tried to inject
> > an error so that PG_CATCH related code also gets covered, but
> > unfortunately didn't get the crash on my machine. I guess, we will
> > have to somehow get the stacktrace.
>
> I have buildfarm member tern running this test in a loop.  In the 290
> iterations so far, it hasn't failed.  I've leave it running for another week
> or so.

Okay, thanks!  FYI, your other machine 'mandril' also exhibits the
exact same behavior and on v10.  Both the machines (tern and mandril)
seem to have the same specs which seems to be the reason that they are
failing in the same way.  The thing that bothers me is that the fix
and test are the same for v11 and test passes for v11 on both
machines.  Does this indicate any random behavior or maybe some other
bug in v10 which is discovered by this test?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.