Re: Making "invisible" characters visible ? (psql) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From stan
Subject Re: Making "invisible" characters visible ? (psql)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 09:22:02AM -0500, Brian Dunavant wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 9:16 AM stan <stanb@panix.com> wrote:
>

> > How can i make these "invisible" characters visible?
> >

> In psql, by default it displays nulls as nothing.  You can specify what
> they should display as with:
>
> \pset null '<something>'
>
> Chances are those are all nulls, and will now display as whatever you set
> them to.  If they aren't, let us know.
That worked, and yes they are NULLs, guess I expected to get 0 rows, as the
only column I requested contained ONLY NULL's.

basic misunderstanding on my part, i suppose.

Thank you for your help.

neither liberty nor safety."
                        -- Benjamin Franklin