Re: Help with configuring pgAudit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: Help with configuring pgAudit
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/20/19 8:09 AM, Dave Hughes wrote:
> Hey,
> Thanks for reaching out.  It looks like I have that parameter set as
> well.  Here is a list of settings I have turned on in postgresql.conf
> since I installed pgAudit:
>
> shared_preload_libraries = 'pgaudit'
> log_destination = 'csvlog'
> logging_collector = on
> log_directory = '/work/PostgreSQL/10/data'
> log_filename = 'postgresql-%Y-%m-%d_%H%M%S.log'
> log_connections = on
> log_disconnections = on
> log_line_prefix = '<%m:%r:%u@%d:[%p]:>'
> pgaudit.log = 'ddl'
>
> Is there some other setting I may be missing?

I don't see anything wrong that jumps out except perhaps the OS postgres
user does not have sufficient permissions to write to
'/work/PostgreSQL/10/data'.

Beyond that, please see the supplemental PDF here for an example setup
instruction (section 2.2/appendix B, and possibly section 2.3 as well):

https://dl.dod.cyber.mil/wp-content/uploads/stigs/zip/U_PostgreSQL_9-x_V1R6_STIG.zip

Also read through the pgaudit README if you have not already done so:

  https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit

Finally (again if not already done), see the docs section on logging:

  https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/runtime-config-logging.html

HTH,

Joe

--