Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 09:44:03PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Yes, it does not matter much in practice, but other tools just don't
> do that.  Note that changing it can be actually annoying for a
> backpatch if we don't have the --enable/--disable part, because git is
> actually smart enough to detect the file renaming across branches as
> far as I tried, but as we are refactoring this code anyway for
> --enable and --disable let's just do it, that's cleaner.

Okay, please find attached a rebased patch set.  I have committed 0001
which adds version checks for the control file, and the renaming
part 0002.  What remains now is the addition of the new options, and
--no-sync.  The "return 1" stuff has been switched to exit(1) while on
it, and is part of 0003.

Now the set of patches is:
- 0001, add --enable and --disable.  I have tweaked a bit the patch so
as "action" is replaced by "mode" which is more consistent with other
tools like pg_ctl.  pg_indent was also complaining about one of the
new enum structures.
- 0002, add --no-sync.

Thanks,
--