Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 12, 2019 at 11:13:46AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> I have a feeling it is project policy to return 0 from main(), and
> exit(1) if a program aborts with an error.

Yes, it does not matter much in practice, but other tools just don't
do that.  Note that changing it can be actually annoying for a
backpatch if we don't have the --enable/--disable part, because git is
actually smart enough to detect the file renaming across branches as
far as I tried, but as we are refactoring this code anyway for
--enable and --disable let's just do it, that's cleaner.
--
Michael

Attachment