Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile
Date
Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile
Re: Tighten error control for OpenTransientFile/CloseTransientFile
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 06, 2019 at 02:54:52PM +0000, Georgios Kokolatos wrote:
> Overall the patch looks good and according to the previous
> discussion fulfils its purpose.
>
> It might be worthwhile to also check for errors on close in
> SaveSlotToPath().

Thanks for the feedback, added.  I have spent some time
double-checking this stuff, and noticed that the new errors in
StartupReplicationOrigin() and CheckPointReplicationOrigin() should be
switched from ERROR to PANIC to be consistent.  One message in
dsm_impl_mmap() was not consistent either.

Are there any objections if I commit this patch?
--
Michael

Attachment