Re: static global variable openLogOff in xlog.c seems no longer used - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: static global variable openLogOff in xlog.c seems no longer used
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 11:49:37AM +0900, Takashi Menjo wrote:
> Because of pg_pwrite()[1], openLogOff, a static global variable in xlog.c,
> seems taken over by a local variable startoffset and no longer used
> now.

It seems to me that keeping openLogOff is still useful to get a report
about the full chunk area being written if the data gets written in
multiple chunks and fails afterwards.  Your patch would modify the
report so as only the area with the partial write is reported.  For
debugging, having a static reference is also useful in my opinion.
--
Michael

Attachment