Re: ArchiveEntry optional arguments refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: ArchiveEntry optional arguments refactoring
Date
Re: ArchiveEntry optional arguments refactoring  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

On 2019-Jan-23, Andres Freund wrote:

> > All the arguments, except Archive, CatalogId and DumpId I've moved
> > into the ArchiveOpts structure. Not all of them could be empty before, but
> > anyway it seems better for consistency and readability. Some of the arguments
> > had empty string as a default value, I haven't changed anything here yet
> > (although this mixture of NULL and "" in ArchiveEntry looks a bit confusing).
>
> Probably worth changing at the same time, if we decide to go for it.
>
> To me this does look like it'd be more maintainable going forward.

It does.  How does pgindent behave with it?

I'd use ArchiveEntryOpts as struct name; ArchiveOpts sounds wrong. Also,
the struct members could use better names -- "defn" for example could
perhaps be "createStmt" (to match dropStmt/copyStmt), and expand "desc"
to "description".