Re: ArchiveEntry optional arguments refactoring - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: ArchiveEntry optional arguments refactoring
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2019-01-23 13:58:07 -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Hello
>
> On 2019-Jan-23, Andres Freund wrote:
>
> > > All the arguments, except Archive, CatalogId and DumpId I've moved
> > > into the ArchiveOpts structure. Not all of them could be empty before, but
> > > anyway it seems better for consistency and readability. Some of the arguments
> > > had empty string as a default value, I haven't changed anything here yet
> > > (although this mixture of NULL and "" in ArchiveEntry looks a bit confusing).
> >
> > Probably worth changing at the same time, if we decide to go for it.
> >
> > To me this does look like it'd be more maintainable going forward.
>
> It does.  How does pgindent behave with it?

It craps out:
Error@3649: Unbalanced parens
Warning@3657: Extra )

But that can be worked around with something like

        te = ArchiveEntry(fout, tdinfo->dobj.catId, tdinfo->dobj.dumpId,
                          ARCHIVE_ARGS(.tag = tbinfo->dobj.name,
                                       .namespace = tbinfo->dobj.namespace->dobj.name,
                                       .owner = tbinfo->rolname,
                                       .desc = "TABLE DATA",
                                       .section = SECTION_DATA,
                                       .copyStmt = copyStmt,