Re: Function to promote standby servers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Function to promote standby servers
Date
Re: Function to promote standby servers  (Ian Barwick <ian@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 08:50:43AM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 09:42:16AM +0200, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> > No objections from me; on the contrary, I would like to thank you for
> > your effort here.  I appreciate that you probably spent more time
> > tutoring me than it would have taken you to write this yourself.
>
> You're welcome.  Happy that it helped.

And committed.  I double-checked the code, and tweaked a bit the tests
so as the test using wait_mode = false is removed as it did not seem
worth the extra cycles.  I also added a check on the return value of
pg_promote when using the wait mode.  Another thing was that the
function needs to be parallel-restricted.
--
Michael

Attachment