Re: Log timestamps at higher resolution - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Log timestamps at higher resolution
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 25, 2018 at 01:00:08PM +1300, David Rowley wrote:
> On 25 October 2018 at 11:25, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
>> Strangely, there were no tests that came with that either.  David, did
>> you mean to expand it past space padding, or...?
>
> Unsure what infrastructure existed then for testing this.

Close to none in-core for such things, the first set of TAP tests
included was 9.6, and at the time of 9.4 it was not even clear what we
were lookng for.  You could have done things similar to what
test_decoding or pg_stat_statements are doing to enforce some
configuration parameters, but that would not have scaled with different
configurations.  Another possibility would have been a buildfarm module.

Anyway, what has been done in this case looks fine to me with what was
present.
--
Michael

Attachment