Re: Function for listing archive_status directory - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Function for listing archive_status directory
Date
Re: Function for listing archive_status directory  ('Christoph Moench-Tegeder' <cmt@burggraben.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 02:14:52AM +0000, Iwata, Aya wrote:
> Sorry, I made a mistake. You patch currently does not apply. Kindly
> rebase the patch.  I'm marking it as "Waiting on Author".

Thanks Iwata-san.  I was just trying to apply the patch but it failed so
the new status is fine.  On top of taking care of the rebase, please
make sure of the following:
- Calling pg_ls_dir_files() with missing_ok set to true.
- Renaming pg_ls_archive_status to pg_ls_archive_statusdir.
We have a pretty nice consistency in the name of such functions as they
finish by *dir, so it makes lookups using for example "\df *dir" easier
to spot all the functions in the same category.

+    last modified time (mtime) of each file in the write ahead log (WAL)
+    <literal>archive_status</literal> directory. By default only superusers
Here I would mention pg_wal/archive_status.

No need for a catalog bump in what you submit on this thread, this is
taken care by committers.
--
Michael

Attachment