Re: pg_locale compilation error with Visual Studio 2017 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: pg_locale compilation error with Visual Studio 2017
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 11, 2018 at 10:39:07AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> In the other thread, Munro wondered if ResolveLocaleName() would do
> the trick, but AFAICS nobody has tried it.

Indeed.  I am pretty sure that it would be worth looking into that.  The
VS docs shine by being obscure with this area, and each new version
arranges to make the locale lookups harder and harder.

> Another idea would be to replace the whole mess with a lookup table,
> although how to fill the table or maintain it in future would be
> problematic too.

Let's never do that..
--
Michael