Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Should we add GUCs to allow partition pruning to be disabled?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

Amit Langote wrote:

> +1 to this more radical overhaul of this part of the documentation.

Thanks.  I pushed now after some more tweaking, including your suggested
corrections.  I removed the examples, because they were both wrong.  We
can give this more polish if anybody has the energy, but I think we're
in a pretty decent place now.

I'm not convinced that we need to show so much detail on pruning as
proposed by Robert elsewhere; we didn't have a lot of detail for
exclusion either and I don't have any evidence that it was a terrible
problem for users.  Also, one possible use of the new GUC is that you
can compare plans if you so wish.