Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: Partitioned tables and relfilenode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:58:35 +0900, Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote in
<CA+HiwqFmrJGe4eid2EaqnCjjQxrAYR5hJfzc5Cz929WA9p=A+w@mail.gmail.com>
> Thanks for the review.
>
> On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 7:37 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:

> >> OK, I tried that in the updated patch.
> >
> > The name RELOPT_KIND_PARTITIONED looks somewhat odd. RELKIND for
> > partitioned tables is RELKIND_PARTITIONED_TABLE, so is this
> > better to be _TABLE, even if a bit longer?
>
> Hm, OK.  Done.
>
> > parseRelOptions seems to return garbage pointer if no option of
> > the kind is available.
>
> Oops, fixed that too.
>
> Updated patch attached.

Thank you.

- Applies cleanly on master (f90d23d)
- Compiled without error
- Code seems fine.
- Documentaion seems fine.. for me.
- Passes regression test.
- Leaving the ALTER-on-toast.* problem is fine for me.

The regression contains the tests to fail with several reloptions
only for partitioned tables. Are they still required even though
it is now in the same framework with other kind of reloptions?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center