[BUGS] BUG #14535: SET search_path and list tables - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From totocrenn@gmail.com
Subject [BUGS] BUG #14535: SET search_path and list tables
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      14535
Logged by:          Thomas Crenn
Email address:      totocrenn@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.6.1
Operating system:   Windows

Hi,
I will explain the bug with an example :

I have 2 SCHEMAS : test and demo
Each schemas have the same TABLE : table

Then I change the search path :
SET search_path TO test, demo;

So when I list all the tables with \dt I should have 2 tables : test.table
and demo.table, but I only see test.table.
After checking, the table demo.table exist but is just not display on the
list.

I guess it's because the query apply a DISTINCT only on the table and not on
the couple (schema , table).
I don't know if it's a bug or if this choice is justified so i have decided
to report you this.

Best regards.