Re: [BUGS] BUG #14531: server process (PID 12714) was terminated bysignal 11: Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From NAVEEN CHALIMETI
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14531: server process (PID 12714) was terminated bysignal 11: Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-bugs
We have not looked into the previous core dump. We will look into the core dumps and let u know.

We have just installed by using the command "sudo apt-get install postgresql postgresql-contrib", nothing else options we have used. And we are using psqlodbc driver as interface with our application.

./configure  --with-unixodbc=/usr/bin  --with-libpq=/usr/lib

this is the command to configure unix odbc.

I'm not sure whether this is because of hardware or postmaster. We will try this in different machines also for sure. Our production environment is suffering from this issue for many days. I hope will get a proper reason and solution soon.

We are very pleasure to hear from you which helps me to resolve this as soon as possible.

Regards,
Naveen Chalmeti

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 12:30 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
NAVEEN CHALIMETI <naveenallin@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for your reply firstly.
> I did not mention anything about logs thinking the back trace would be
> enough to solve the issue. Sorry for that.
> I have enabled the *log_statement=all* already and each time it gives
> different queries. But until now i have seen postmaster crashed during
> SELECT query.
> The crash is reproducible with different queries.

Hm.  Have you looked at more than one core dump?  Is it always the same
backtrace?

Those queries don't look particularly exciting, so I'm now thinking the
problem is something unusual.  Do you have any nondefault extensions
installed?  Maybe you built the server with some unusual options?

I dislike blaming hardware problems, but we shouldn't rule out that
possibility either, unless you're seeing this on more than one machine.

                        regards, tom lane